Active Sport Centre Terms & Conditions for Pitch Bookings
● All hirers and users of the Active Sport Centre are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Hire and Use as shall be laid down from time to time.
● Those wishing to book the facilities must complete the official booking process. No activity can commence until official confirmation of the booking is received by the applicant person/group from the Active Sport Centre.
● Pre-booked pitches may not be transferred by the hirer to any other person/group without prior approval from the manager of the Active Sport Centre.
● The contact person(s) named in the online form will be the person with whom all official communication from the Active Sport Centre manager will take place. If there are any changes in the details of the group organiser/contact person the manager of the Active Sport Centre must be informed immediately.
● The person named in the booking will be the person responsible for the group, including full payment of the facility before playing, behaviour of those attending the booking, and adherence to the terms and conditions of hire and use of the facility.
● All bookings include the time required to prepare, erect, dismantle and remove equipment.
● In the event that the Active Sport Centre has to close due to unforeseen circumstances such as a pandemic / lockdown related matter, your booking will be placed on hold until the centre is able to re-open.
2. Cancellation Policy
● A minimum of 72 hours notice of a cancellation must be given to the Manager of the Active Sport Centre. Failure to do this, or failure to show on the given hire time for the booking, will result in the group being charged in full for the hire of the facility.
● All bookings that have paid by Credit Card and are due a refund, will be refunded in full.
● If the pitches are unplayable the Active Sport Centre reserves the right to close the pitches. If this happens every effort will be made to contact the groups directly.
4. State of Premises
● No items should be taken on to the pitch except those needed to play the activity for which the facility was booked. Drinks, tracksuit tops etc. should be left at the side in the interests of user safety.
● Footwear must consist of either astro trainers, moulded or bladed football boots. Metal studs are strictly prohibited.
● No glass containers or bottles are allowed in or around the astro pitches / reception area.
● Smoking is not permitted in any area in or around the astro pitches / reception area.
● Dogs are not permitted in or around the astro pitches / reception area.
● Chewing gum is not allowed in any area in or around the pitches.
● All jewellery should be removed before playing in the interests of player safety
● Alcohol or drugs are not allowed in or around the pitch and no person who is in the opinion of the Management under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be admitted or allowed on or near the facility.
● Money/valuables should be left in a safe area and not in an open area on view at any time.
● Management accepts no responsibility for items lost/stolen on the premises or grounds, or for any loss, damage, or injury occurring in or in the vicinity of the pitch, or for any injuries to persons participating in any activity in or on its facilities.
● Any damage done to facilities, property, or equipment, fair wear and tear excepted, must be made good by the individual, group, club or organisation responsible for the damage
● Climbing on the nets, swinging from crossbars and any other behaviour likely to lead to damage to the facility or injury is forbidden and will lead to immediate expulsion from the facility.
● Only park in designated parking spaces.
5. Code of Conduct
● Persons using the facility must be attired according to their intended activity
● No activity, which could be misconstrued or give offence to other patrons, or to surrounding neighbours, will be permitted
● Supervising personnel must be obeyed at all times during the hire. They are responsible for ensuring compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Hire and Use and have the authority to remove users from the facility. Non-acceptance of supervisory personnel’s decisions or any aggression or violence towards supervisory personnel will not be tolerated and may result in the removal of those involved from the premises and the cancellation of all future bookings.
● Only players and trainers/coaches are permitted inside the pitch during a booking time.
● No use will be permitted outside the operational hours of the pitch. Anyone breaching this rule will be removed. Management may involve the Gardaí in enforcing this and other rules.
● The Management decisions on admission, allocation, use, operation, or closure of the facilities is final.
The management reserves the right to:
● Introduce, amend or delete such rules as may be required from time to time due to the needs of the service or due to changing circumstances
● Levy charges and fees as it considers appropriate for the use of facilities or services, and to alter such charges or fees at their sole discretion
● Refuse admission or the continued use of the facilities to any person or group who in their opinion are in breach of any management rule, or whose behaviour is such that it interferes with the safe, efficient operation of the facility
● Close the facilities for maintenance repair, holidays, tournaments or for any other reason. Where such closure occurs no claim shall lie against its management, staff or personnel in respect of loss or inconvenience suffered.
Active Sport Centre and its management point out that all persons using the facilities do so at their own risk.
Users are strongly advised to seek medical advice before undertaking exercise. Users with any known medical condition should consult with their doctor before participating in any form of exercise.
In the event of an emergency please call 999 and direct the required service to the following address
Active Sport Centre (0151 538 7684)
100 Sefton Lane, Maghull. Liverpool, L31 8BT